Hope You Love the Salvador Dalí Museum!
The year I was married (some years ago), I made a trip to San Francisco and first saw Salvador Dali’s work in person. His artistry captivated me and I hoped some day to see other work he had done. On our first visit to the St. Petersburg – Clearwater area we discovered the Dali museum… We were thrilled to see so much of his work in one place!
Now, I think I can say that even if you are not familiar with Salvador Dali’s work, you will love this museum and be fascinated by his artistry. Plus, the architecture of the museum is captivating — both for it’s creative design and the views it showcases of the waterways surrounding downtown St. Petersburg, Florida.
You can visit any day! The museum is open daily from 10:00am to 5:30pm.
On Thursdays & Fridays, the museum is open late – until 8:00pm.
Take the Tour
I recommend taking one of the free group tours led by docents, that are available throughout the day. The guides are extremely knowledgeable and will help you appreciate the work and Dali, in a way that is hard to do on your own. (By the way, private tours at an additional fee may be arranged in advance.)
And, the museum offers complimentary audio guides — on a first come, first served basis. These also will increase your enjoyment and appreciation of the works that you see.
- Available audio tours are in English, German and Spanish.
- And, if you bring a child to the museum, ask for the audio recording, the “Mr. Moustache” tour, customized for children between the ages of 5 and 13.
For anyone who wants a great treat, the Dalí Museum has an amazing café, called “Cafe Gala”, named for Dalí’s wife, Gala.
They offer a light menu, that includes a variety of Tapas (and small plates of appetizers), plus some amazing Spanish soups. And, don’t miss the deserts (flan!) and cookies, and a most surprising and lovely wine and beer selection.
If you go early, the café has light breakfast items and pastries. And, coffee lovers will be thrilled at their delicious coffee, espresso, cappuccino and macchiato.
The café is open during regular museum hours. And, you have the choice of eating in the café dining area or outside on the Avante-garde patio. If you run short on time, keep in mind that you do not need a ticket to visit the café (or the gift shop).
A parking garage is located on-site ($10), plus there is also on-street, metered parking and parking lots nearby.
Not Driving? Take ‘The Looper’
A downtown trolley, the Looper Trolley, stops near the Dalí Museum and the cost of only 50 cents! More information on the Looper at: The St. Petersburg Looper Trolley
Don’t Miss Our Special Dalí Stay & Play Package
The following Superior Small Lodging™ members are offering two free adult tickets (regularly $48.00 for two) with a one week stay!
- 810 Gulfside (Indian Rocks Beach)
- Bay Palms Waterfront Resort (St. Pete Beach)
- Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort (St. Pete Beach)
- Cay Pointe Villa (Indian Rocks Beach)
- Coconut Inn (Pass-a-Grille)
- Ebb Tide Waterfront Resort (Clearwater Beach)
- Havana Inn (Pass-a-Grille)
- Island Paradise Cottages of Madeira Beach
- Plaza Beach Hotel Beachfront Resort (St. Pete Beach)
- Sand Glo Villas (Indian Shores)
- Sabal Palms Inn (Pass-a-Grille)
- Sarah’s Seaside (Indian Rocks Beach)
By June Mohns, Island Paradise Cottages of Madeira Beach. ©2015