Wondering about a Destination Event?
A Superior Small Lodging® may be the perfect location that beautiful, intimate destination wedding ceremony, commitment or vow renewal! Here are some key points to consider when planning.
Destination Weddings Considerations
– In some locations, with a small group, you don’t even need a permit to have an event on the beach. In others, permits are easily secured.
– All small hotels and resorts will require booking accommodations when a wedding is held onsite, ensuring privacy and convenience for the wedding party. Larger hotels are less restrictive in this respect, and, of course, have other requirements.
– Flexibility is greatest with a smaller hotel — and generally you don’t have the very long lead time that many wedding venues have.
– Cost is generally considerably higher at a hotel that requires you to use their catering services, so if cost is a consideration you may want to use a wedding planner (or plan yourself) with a carefully selected caterer.
– Budgets can be managed if you do want a hotel to manage food, etc for you and a hotel like THE BIRCHWOOD in downtown, St. Petersburg would be a perfect choice. The Birchwood offers the complete suite of wedding services — and have an absolutely beautiful ballroom! It’s a great choice if you want the sophistication of services and wedding amenities!
Written by June Mohns, Island Paradise Cottages of Madeira Beach. ©2015